Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Behind the Scenes of Publishing


These past couple weeks, I've been working on getting my book ready for publishing. To think that only a few months ago, I thought it would be simple. Boy was I wrong!


The manuscript is ready, and now I'm working on the book proposal. For the 95% of people out there who have no idea what that is (including me last month), it's just a detailed summery and sales pitch for your book. The goal is to get a "Literary Agent" to sign on to promoting your book to a publisher (for a fee of course - usually a percentage of the book sales).

Once I get this book proposal finished, the next step is for me to get my picture taken to put in the proposal for my bio. Haha. Apparently, a two year-old profile photo isn't going to cut it!

So, this whole thing is pretty new to me, as you can imagine. But I'm optimistic, simply because this is something God's laid on my heart to write about - and if He wants it to get published, great! And if not, I'll still trust Him.

But one thing this whole process is teaching me is this: big things are possible. Like, I'm actually publishing a book! That's huge! Imagine what you could do.

Do you have anything you're passionate about doing, that might seem too big for you?

I challenge you to get started on it!

______________

What's your passion? To write a book? To start a movement? To become a businessperson? To pursue a career in criminal law? Let me know in the comments section below!

No comments:

Post a Comment