Friday, December 30, 2016

True Humility


You know, something I've been realizing lately is the value of real humility. Some people don't really get what exactly this means, but that doesn't mean it can't be learned. And that's what God's been teaching me the end of the year here.



I've learned that sooner or later, no matter who you are, you're going to have to eat the humble pie - whether that be voluntarily, in small pieces, or forcibly, in one big bite. Sadly, I usually take it the hard way, and don't really learn from my lesson.

But I feel like that's changed recently. On this yearend trip I went on a few days ago, God taught me the value of this kind of humility - and I think it's going to stick.

You see, I found that humility isn't thinking less of yourself, despite popular belief. Nor is it thinking of others in an unrealistically high regard in comparison to yourself. In actuality, humility is simply acknowledging through your actions, that all your gifts and talents are from God - as are everyone else's. And when you maintain that understanding, you will naturally be kind and respectful to the individuals around you, because you understand that the other people around you are just as important as you are.

That's the secret behind true humility.

No comments:

Post a Comment